Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Diet for Bikini Competition- Lean, Mean, and CURVAY



12 weeks of training is BRUTAL.

I didn't begin dieting until 8 weeks out. 
Dieting was honestly the hardest for me. I had to develop some serious will power. It helped to tell my friends ahead of time that I won't be eating out, can't go to bars, etc. anything that would put me in a position where I would indulge. 
For 8 weeks I ate a lot of protein (At every meal), watched my carb intake (only twice a day), and ate an absurd amount of veggies. 

Here is an example of my competition diet:

Breakfast: 
3 Eggs
1/2 cup of oats with 1/4 cup of mixed berries and Honey
1 cup of Jo

Snack: 
Post workout shake (GNC BCAA'S chocolate [OF COURSE'] & 1/2 a                                     Banana. 

Lunch:
Baked Salmon
1/2 cup of brown rice
1-1.5 cups of kale

Snack:
Rice Cake with Natural Peanut Butter
8 Almonds

Dinner:
Romaine Lettuce
4 oz of Chicken or canned Tuna with mustard and Balsamic Vinegarette

Snack: 
Protein Shake if hungary

I did not eat less than 2 hours before bed and noticed a HUGE difference by doing that. I used lots of spices (Ms. Dash) to help flavor the taste of the food and to cut the bitterness of kale I added a tsp of sugar. 

It's all about keeping it clean. What I mean by clean is staying away from most boxed foods or items loaded with sugar and sodium. Baked instead of Fried and used complex carbs instead of simple carbs. Simple carbs are foods such as white bread, white rice, pizza etc. and they don't keep you full very long which is why you end up eating more throughout the day. Complex takes longer for the body to digest therefore keeping you full longer. Items like this include oatmeal, wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, etc. 
Helpful Chart On Portions

I did a lot of cooking but knocked it out in one day so I was prepared for the week. It made things a lot easier being that I am a very busy individual. 
Remember portion control as well. Use a white plate so you can see just how much you are grabbing. I always put less than I want on my plate because my eyes are bigger than my tummy. If I am still hungry I gulp a glass of water and then decide if I want seconds. Keep portions small, foods clean, and eat and drink often! 






Live, Survive, Enjoy! 
Mere


No comments:

Post a Comment